This is the second level of baseball that introduces the structure of the game. The players are taught the fundamentals of the game over the course of the season. A regulation game consists of three innings where every player bats each inning. A pitching machine is used exclusively.
The primary goal of this level is one of training and preparation in the mechanics, skills, knowledge, and sportsmanship of baseball.
· Games will be played at Kaiser Park - Bertozzi field
· All games are limited to 3 or 4 innings or 105 minutes (1 hr 45 min).
· Field Hotline: (707) 838-5944
· No score is kept, no standings, no playoffs
· Continuous batting (All players in lineup will bat every inning) 5 pitches per at bat
· The last batter in the inning can be the “home run” hitter and can run all the way to home regardless of where the ball is hit.
· Try to have all players play the field. It is okay to have extra infielders or outfielders.
· Players will rotate between infield and outfield
· No player shall sit out more than one defensive inning (preferably no innings)
· No bunting, stealing or infield fly rule
· No sliding head first at any time during the game